April 23, 2010

A slight change in direction

Due to volcanic activity our plan to visit the Highlands in Scotland was put on hold. We needed a plan fast. Gary in his usual excitable manner was yammering on about hiking part of the Wicklow Way. What if it rains I protested or I can't make it or you fall and twist your ankle and the mountain rescue dogs have to be called and we cause a big commotion because of our inexperience. But with his persistence i relented and we hopped on a bus that took us on our way. Three days later we are exhausted our bodies are broken and I have a weird rash on my hands but it was a wonderful holiday and I am so glad we did it.

1 comment:

  1. I'm relieved to hear that your holiday was salvaged despite volcanic ash disturbances. You're inspiring me... what a hike!